Page updated 1 October 2007
The Initialise dialogue is accessed from the Mailbox Menu.
To avoid having to download all mail on the server every time it connects, when checking an account nPOPuk keeps a record of the number of messages at the server and the Message id of the last message it retrieved. It can then save time by only downloading "new" mail. However, in these circumstances:
- After another program has been used to delete mail
- When mail has been deleted from the list but is still on the server
- When messages at the server are re-ordered (Yahoo!Mail servers do this regularly!)
- Download new mail only
Adds newly received mail at the server to existing items in the mail list.
NOTE: This is the active setting on opening the dialogue or after the server is next checked.
- Clears the existing mail list and starts downloading again from the selected item number.
- Fill in:
- Keeps the existing mail list and downloads and inserts into the list any missing items.
(If you have an account with a high volume of traffic and a slow connection, selecting this option will probably be quicker than the Initialize choice.)