Page updated 13 July 2007
The Find dialogue may be accessed either from the Main Window (Menu: MAIL > FIND. Keyboard: CTRL+F) or from the Mail Edit or Mail View window (Menu: EDIT > FIND. Keyboard: CTRL+F).
When the Find dialogue is opened from the Main Window, if no message is selected, the first message in the folder will open, otherwise the currently selected message is opened, and the Find dialogue overlaid.
For the simplest searches, enter the text in the "Find text:" line and click the "Find next" button. A highlight will appear on the first instance of the text found in the displayed message and will cycle through all instances that can be found with each further click. For further options see below.
- Find text:
- Enter text to be found.
- Match Case
- When checked only instances of the text whose case matches will be found.
- Search all mail in mailbox
- When checked the search cycles through all messages in the currently selected mailbox in the Main Window. (Activates the "Next message" button.)
- Search all mailboxes
- When checked the search cycles through all messages in all mailboxes, including the OutBox. (Activates the "Next mailbox" button.)
- Search in Subject
- When checked the search will include both body and subject line
NOTE: No highlight is shown for matches on the subject line. However, the search does stop at messages which show a match in the subject line.
- Find Next
- Click this button to move to the next instance of the search text.
- Next message
- (Only active if the "Search all mail in mailbox" option is checked) Click this button to abandon further searching within the current message and move to the next.
- Next mailbox
- (Only active if the "Search all mailboxes" option is checked) Click this button to abandon further searching within the current mailbox and move to the next.
- Abandon the search and close the dialogue.